Saturday, March 21, 2015

Bleached Denim Bunny

I love the lace and denim that is out right now.  I have a stash of denim that I have been itching to use and I have been wanting to try bleaching denim, so why not try them both?

Bleached Denim Bunny

You will need:
Frame 
Scrapbook paper - I liked the burlap paper
Denim
Lace
Clorox bleach pen
Stencil - I just cut a swirl pattern with my Cricut
Fray Check
Embellishments - rick rack, flower, button, & denim tag
Hot Glue
Bunny Pattern - (I downloaded one from the internet)
Scissors


First, you will need to trace the bunny pattern on the denim and cut it out.


Next, put the stencil over the denim bunny.


Next, trace the stencil with the bleach pen.  It will take a good 30 minutes before the pattern really shows up, so be patient.


If you don't want the denim to fray, you will need to go around the edges with Fray Check.  
Next, cut the scrapbook paper and lace to fit your frame.


Now, we can assemble the embellishments.  I wanted a tag on my bunny, so I printed out Happy Easter on paper and glued it to a denim tag.


I added some vintage rick rack, a flower, and button also.


Finished!  I had to put one of the bunnies in my favorite Moroccan frame (that my awesome hubby cut for me!)


What would you do for a bleached denim project?
Thanks for stopping by!
post signature
Be sure to stop to check out these Link Parties!

House of Hipsters
Mad Skills
Making The World Cuter
Inspire Me Monday
Home Stories A to Z
Lovely Link Party
Friday Favorites
Flaunt It Friday
Awesome Life Friday
Share Your Cup Thursday

21 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I love all of the different textures:@)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just amazing - I can't wait to play with my own fabric scrap stash and try your technique! I'd love if you'd share this on Awesome Life Friday. http://rchreviews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I would love to share at your link party.

      Delete
  3. this is so cool! I love, love this idea! I would love for you to share this over at my new link party Making Memories Mondays going on now!
    Cathy@threekidsandafish{dot}com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful project. I love the combo of the lace with the design on the denim. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brenda, this is just so cute! Love everything about it! Thank you so much for sharing with us at VMG206 Brag About It!
    ~Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brenda, wanted to pop over and let you know that we will be featuring your Bleached Denim Bunny at our next Brag About It link Party on Monday night at midnight. Congratulations!
    ~Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty project! Thanks for sharing with the Thursday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hosting! I love to see what everyone else is doing!

      Delete
  8. What a cute and sweet Easter DIY! Thanks for sharing on Found & Foraged!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hosting! It is fun to see all the great projects!

      Delete
  9. Love if you share this incredible post at my Fabulous Friday Party
    http://www.simplenaturedecorblog.com/fabulous-friday-party27/

    Thanks
    MAria

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks so incredible! Loving it! Pinned and tweeted. Thanks for being a part of our party. I hope to see you tonight at 7. Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the bleached design on the bunny! I have not heard of the bleach pens. I must get one and give it a try! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Brenda, I was wanting to feature you this week at SYC, but not link back to the party. :( I'm sure it wasn't intentional.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brenda, this is so cute! I'm choosing your post as my favorite for the Thank Goodness It's Thursday party over on Jordan's Onion. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It is fun to see all the great projects. Thanks of hosting!

      Delete
  14. I love your use of the different fabrics and textiles for this project! I thought it was on a real burlap backing, I didn't realize it was scrapbook paper. Found you over at the TGIT party this week. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete